We are sorry... It looks like you are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer.
Please update your browser to a newer version.

Google ChromeInternet Explorer 10
Sales & Business Development Blog
Mar

Top 10 Motivational Sales Leadership Quotes

Top 10 Motivational Sales Leadership Quotes

Sales people like punchy stories, analogies and quotes because they are action-orientated, quick–minded and visually stimulated individuals. As such, inspirational quotes and stories help them to form a mental picture that stays with them and motivates them throughout the working day.

In this post we present our Top 10 Motivational Sales Leadership quotes that you might find useful to help guide your sales force towards higher value sales.

“What counts is not necessarily the dog in the fight – it’s the fight in the dog.”

Dwight D. Eisenhower
34th President of the United States of America.

“If it wasn’t hard, everyone would do it. It’s the hard that makes it great.”

Tom Hanks
2x Academy Award Winner.

“Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.”

Jerry Rice
NFL Hall of Famer.

“You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.”

Zig Ziglar
American author, sales person and motivational speaker.

“Being defeated is only a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”

Marilyn von Savant
American columnist, author and playwright.

“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”

Wayne Gretzky
Ice Hockey Hall of Famer

“Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it.”

Winston Churchill
British Prime Minister (1940-45 and 1951-55).

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

Martin Luther King, Jr.
American Civil Rights leader.

“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

Maya Angelou
American poet and Civil Rights activist.

“It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt.”

Abraham Lincoln
16th President of the United States of America.

More motivational sales leadership quotes.

If you’re a sales leader and you want to learn more about how to motivate your team to perform better in their roles, check out our whitepaper 10 Steps to Becoming a Great Sales Leader.

, , , , ,

11 Responses to Top 10 Motivational Sales Leadership Quotes

1. Nate 18 April, 2013 at 1:28 pm #

“Tough times don’t last, tough people do.” — Me

• Steve Eungblut 22 November, 2013 at 11:46 am #

Love these replies. Question: What do you think it is about these quotes that lifts people who hear sales leaders use them in the right context? And what lifts the sales leaders themselves when using them in their own context?

2. Samantha Brayman 18 September, 2012 at 11:50 pm #

One of my favorite quotes from the book Radical LEAP by Steve Farber.

“Love what you do in the service of others who love what you do”

3. Steve Eungblut 16 March, 2012 at 9:58 am #

Patrick, John and David,

Thanks for all the great sales quotes!

4. David Murphy 15 March, 2012 at 6:45 am #

Some great quotes…one I have always used in sales:

“Never under estimate peoples intelligence, never over estimate their knowledge.”

5. John McGee 15 November, 2011 at 11:11 am #

A great selection of quotes to motivate the sales force.

One of my own personal favourites:

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the
    courage to continue that counts.” Sir Winston Churchill

6. Patrick Teagarden 6 September, 2011 at 5:31 am #

Love these quotes as I have my self a website with quotes about life. Thought it would be wise to share my favorite quote: “It’s the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what’s right.” – Peter Parker

7. Steve Eungblut 24 March, 2011 at 10:21 am #

Janet, Pete and Katrina,

Thanks for all these inspiring quotes, I have enjoyed reading them. Here’s another one of my favourites:

“Action may not bring happiness but there is no happiness without action.” William James

Keep them coming!

8. Katrina Dunkley 22 March, 2011 at 1:56 pm #

I have 2 favourite quotes, both about attitude:-

‘Man becomes what he thinks about’ – Morris Goodman – Miracle Man

&

Henry Ford – Whether you think you can or whether you think you can’t you will be right’.

Both quotes help me when ever I doubt. They give me strength and determination to succeed.

9. Pete Johnson 10 March, 2011 at 8:51 pm #

Albert Einstein knew what gave him the edge when he said “It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.”

10. Janet Jones 10 March, 2011 at 2:09 pm #

…and how about this one from Margaret Mead –

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”

any more ?