Sales people like punchy stories, analogies and quotes because they are action-orientated, quick–minded and visually stimulated. Quotes and stories help them form a mental picture that stays with them and motivates them throughout the working day.
Here’s our Top 10 Motivational Sales Leadership quotes that you might find useful to help you guide your sales force towards higher value sales:
1. “What counts is not necessarily the dog in the fight – it’s the fight in the dog.”
Dwight D. Eisenhower, 34th President of the United States of America.
2. “If it wasn’t hard, everyone would do it. It’s the hard that makes it great.”
Tom Hanks, 2x Academy Award Winner.
3. “Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.”
Jerry Rice, NFL Hall of Famer.
4. “You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.”
Zig Ziglar, American author, sales person and motivational speaker.
5. “Being defeated is only a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”
Marilyn von Savant, American columnist, author and playwright.
6. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”
Michael Jordan, NBA Hall of Famer.
7. “Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it.”
Winston Churchill, British Prime Minister (1940-45 and 1951-55).
8. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”
Martin Luther King, Jr., American Civil Rights leader.
9. “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
Maya Angelou, American poet and Civil Rights activist.
10. “It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt.”
Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United States of America.
If you’re a sales leader and want to learn more about how to motivate your team to perform better in their roles, check out our 10 Steps to Becoming a Great Sales Leader article.