Key to the Executive Washroom leading to Applied Level 5 Professional Sales Qualifications
This programme was developed for BT Global Government and BT Global Services UK with two primary objectives:
- To accelerate the development of new sales pipeline and new contracted revenues in key public sectors such as defence, police forces, local government and key commercial sectors such as professional services, media and industrial.
- To raise the professional standards of the field sales force by working towards externally recognised (at both a national and international level) applied professional sales and sales management qualifications at level 5 of the NOS/QCF frameworks.
The programme was sponsored by the presidents of both business units and was the first implementation of an applied level 5 programme anywhere in the world. The programme was commended by the Institute of Sales & Marketing Management (ISMM) quality assurance team as being best-practice use of applied assessments for simultaneously coaching and delivering real sales performance improvement in a live complex sales environment.
The programme delivered over £100m of incremental new business within one year and involved the following key elements:
- Pre-attendance research and opportunity qualification by delegates;
- Two-day face-to-face applied planning and skills development workshops for account managers, client partners and sales managers using live target accounts as case studies;
- Sales manager coaching worksops and accreditation assessor training workshops;
- Applied assessment for x4 Level 5 unit awards (using work-based evidence) and application of the skills, behaviours and techniques in the field for assessment;
- Sales manager assessment of their peoples’ application of the tools, techniques and skills against cross-industry benchmark best practice in account management;
- Sterling Chase quality assurance of the BT GS sales managers’ assessment outcomes and assessment of the sales managers to achieve x4 applied Level 5 Unit Awards in Sales Management;
- ISMM external quality assurance of the BT and Sterling Chase assessments.
“This programme was really different in that it gave me new core consultative selling skills. It also provided me with direct field-based coaching in delivering and accelerating brand new business and a number of new senior engagements in my customer base. Not least, it gave me recognition for my achievements in the form of externally recognised sales qualifications and an acknowledgement of my accreditation by the President of GS UK. Brilliant!”
Nadjie Butler – Sales Manager, BT Global Services